About the Author :
Rhonda Byrne (Melbourne, Australia) is an Australian television writer and producer. Her New Thought book The Secret (based on a film she produced of the same name) is based on the law of attraction. The Secret became the Best Seller for The New Times. She wrote several sequels to the book, including The Power, The Magic and Hero, as well as other books that relate to The Secret
After the death of her father in 2004, Byrne became very depressed. At the instigation of her daughter Hayley, she read The Science of Getting Rich (1910) by Wallace D. Wattles. She discovered positive thinking, the laws of attraction, and how to find further success in life. Hence, she started doing research on the subject and the project of The Secret was born.
The Secret puts forward several ideas that are surprising, exciting, and perhaps controversial, such as:
- If you focus your attention on achieving a goal and believe not only that you can do it, but that you already have done it, you can achieve virtually any goal you set your mind to.
- If you focus on what you don’t want, you are inadvertently drawing that into your life. For example, if you constantly ruminate on what is stressing you. You will actually draw more of those situations into your life. Instead, the trick is to focus on what you do want in your life, and you’ll get more of that.
- The Law of Attraction, the principle that you attract whatever you focus your energy on (good or bad), works with relationships, possessions, goals, and anything else you are able to focus on—even your own health.
The book shares other insights and specific strategies to use, gives a history of the use of the Law of Attraction. Provides examples on how it’s worked in the lives of various people, making it an interesting and informative read.
How to Implement the Law of Attraction :
- The Secret may be helpful for some but detrimental for others. The main benefit of this book is that it is empowering. It reminds you that there is a lot that you can do to change your circumstances, even if things seem bleak. Given research on optimism, visualization, and the power of perspective, there’s a lot behind this.
- The Secret encourages people to really visualize their goals clearly in order to attract what they want. It points out that it’s not always a straight line between where you are and where you want to go, and we can’t always detect when things will turn around, but perseverance and a belief in oneself is key.
- It encourages us to get into a better frame of mind in order to maintain motivation to pursue goals. Research on broaden-and-build theory backs this up this approach. Demonstrating that we tend to build our resources more when we’re feeling positive emotions. Overall, it’s a good read that can help you to reach your goals and feel less stressed in the process.
The Law of Attraction, in my opinion, can explain a lot and can be used for its positive benefits, but it does not account for all negative events we encounter. Challenges are a part of life, and facing them makes us stronger; blaming ourselves and beating ourselves up over the challenges we face is absolutely not helpful.
About the Book :
It has been passed down through the ages, highly coveted, hidden, lost, stolen and brought for vast sums of money. This centuries-old Secret has been understood by some of the most prominent people in history : Plato, Galileo, Beethoven, Edison, Carnegie, Einstein, along with other investors, theologians, scientists and great thinkers. Now ‘The Secret’ is being revealed to the world.
Recommend Reading : Jaya Illustrated Retelling of the Mahabharat By Devdutt Pattnaik